In Update 2.6, play Grace, paladin of Gythia, improve your in-game comms with a new quick message system and get your hands on Vainglory’s hottest new skins. Get the full details below.
NEW HERO: GRACE
When she’s not pummeling enemies into submission with her mace, Grace excels at keeping her teammates alive with holy shields and massive single-target heals. Pick up her talents in BRAWL game modes to unleash an even more powerful paladin.
Grace will be unlockable with ICE only for the first seven days. Afterward, you will be able to unlock her with ICE or Glory.
RETRIBUTION (HEROIC PERK)
Grace chains her normal basic attack into a ground slam, dealing bonus weapon damage and slowing enemies in a wide area. If enemies are hit by the ground slam, her ability cooldowns are reduced.
Grace dashes to her target, striking them with an empowered Retribution attack. Nearby allies instantly gain a directional holy shield that continually faces the target, while Grace gains a full holy shield that protects her from all sides. The holy shield reduces incoming damage that strikes the shield.
Upon learning this ability, Grace permanently reduces all damage she receives. This effect and the holy shield scale with crystal power.
On Overdrive, this skill is refreshed upon casting Divine Intervention.
HOLY NOVA (B)
After a short delay, Grace knocks enemies into the air and disables them for a short time. If the attack hits at least one enemy, Grace immediately recovers from the ability.
On Overdrive, Grace gains immunity to negative effects when casting this ability.
DIVINE INTERVENTION (ULTIMATE)
Grace instantly surrounds herself and her target with a full holy shield and begins channeling after which Grace’s target receives a massive heal.
GRACE IN COMBAT
SEAL OF RETRIBUTION (RARE)
Grace’s basic attack and Retribution (perk) deal bonus crystal damage. Grace passively gains crystal power.
DOUBLE BENEDICTION (EPIC)
Benediction (A) has charges. Shorter cooldown but lower damage reduction.
UNITED FRONT (LEGENDARY)
Divine Intervention (ultimate) also heals Grace. Shorter cooldown but lower healing.
NEW HERO SKINS
‘Ride or DIE’ Skye (Legendary)
There’s never been anything like ‘Ride or Die’ Skye before in the Halcyon Fold: knee-dragging, laser-blasting fun!
HOW TO GET IT
- ‘Available for direct bundle purchase from June 21 to June 28 for 4499 ICE. Each bundle includes ‘Ride or Die’ Skye and one ‘Piercing Barrage” (Legendary) talent coin.
- She can also be purchased à la carte for 3599 ICE.
- Finally, you can test your luck for ‘Ride or Die’ by purchasing a special chest for 199 ICE. The chances of pulling her skin are 1/20. This chest will be in the market from June 21 to June 28.
- Re-designed yellow mech turns into a sport motorcycle!
- Cool new outfit with moto gloves, boots and jacket with Vainglory emblem
- Pink-tipped hair
EFFECTS, ANIMATION & SOUND CHANGES
- All new motorized sound effects!
- Motorcycle tires are used as hover fans in mech mode
- Purple electric laser and moto mode for Suri Strike
- Blue laser Death From Above
- Tail light streaks & smoke during motorcycle dashes and sprints
- Mech transforms to moto mode & Skye chills on the seat during recall!
Read Skye’s canon lore:
‘Evolution’ Samuel (Epic)
It is the beginning of the end of us. Samuel is ready. ‘Evolution’ Samuel becomes one with technology. Your only hope is to join him.
HOW TO GET IT
- ‘Available for direct bundle purchase from June 21 to June 28 for 1999 ICE. Each bundle includes ‘Evolution’ Samuel and five ‘Unwaking Nightmare’ (Epic) talents coins.
- He can also be purchased à la carte for 1499 ICE.
- New glowing green effects!
- Triangular energy backpack
- Digitized attacks
- Pixelated Drifting Dark
- Oblivion ability creates a computer sleep button on the ground, followed by a rising green pixel skull
- Half-shaved head and brows
- Green to purple balayage hair color
- Black leather, silver-trimmed trench coat with binary-designed Vainglory logo
- Battery ammo pack canisters
- Carbon fiber cyborg arm prosthetics with gold joints & screws
- Taser jitte wands
- Iron-toed boots
Read Samuel’s canon lore:
‘Deathless’ Reim (Rare)
Reim was ready to die … but his Valkyrie friend had other plans for him. Read on for more information about this rare skin inspired by Slavic folklore.
HOW TO GET IT
- ‘Available for direct bundle purchase from June 21 to 28 for 1099 ICE. Each bundle includes ‘Deathless’ Reim and 50 ‘Creeping Cold’ (Rare) talents coins.
- He can also be purchased à la carte for 900 ICE.
- Ice-forged blue dragon staff
- Withered undead flesh
- Spiked helmet adorned with golden wolves
- Matching costume with sash, bag and boots
ALTERNATE FATE LORE
Where the Soul Hides
As the end drew close, Reim climbed the highest peak in the Kalls, casting his last insults upon the Grangor, patting snow beasts and cave trolls on their heads in farewell. He settled on the summit and let the thin air lull him to sleep, ready to die in the oblivion of dreams.
Read Reim’s canon lore:
‘SCHOOL DAYS’ KOSHKA (Rare)
‘School Days’ Koshka just wants to be friends. C’mon, she promises not to hug you TOO hard. Please?! FINE! Maybe she’ll make up her OWN club!
HOW TO GET IT
- She can also be purchased à la carte for 900 ICE.
- School uniform with vest, school emblem and fashionable bows
- Tabby meow-meow backpack
- Kitty-face stockings
- FUZZY SOFT PAWS WITH DANGER CLAWS – MATCHY TAIL & EARS!
- Shiny strappy shoes with cat ears
- Pink hair
ALTERNATE FATE LORE
THE CAT LOVERS’ CLUB!
Aww c’mon, Lyra, lemme be vice president. I’m a great assistant, and I’m super good at telling people what to do for when you’re not around. Watch: YOU! Share your gum! YOU! No sleeping in class! YOU! Read books!
Read more ‘School Days’ lore:
TALENT COINS REMOVED FROM MYSTERY CHESTS
While the response to talents has been quite positive overall, we did notice one consistent point of feedback: Players missed the old Mystery Chests. It’s clear that players want to be able to choose when to get talents and when to get skins and heroes. We heard you, so we’re removing talent coins from all Mystery Chests. This way, you can open Talent Chests when you want talents and open Mystery Chests when you want heroes and skins. Please keep your feedback coming. — Playoffbeard
‘HOLD-TO-CONFIRM’ ON BULK TALENT PURCHASES
We’re making the button on bulk Talent Coin purchases from the Daily Pick 3 push-and-hold to ensure you don’t accidentally burn all your Glory by mistake.
LIVE GAME IMPROVEMENTS
When the year started, we laid out our vision and priorities for 2017, starting with improving our short BRAWL game modes. Now that talents has launched, it’s time to start delivering on our next focus area: Live Game Improvements (a.k.a “Buttery Smooth”).
In Update 2.6, we’re focusing on player pain related to in-game communication.
You’ll now have access to a variety of new quick messages that can be accessed by tapping on the new “message” ping, which is located where the “?” ping used to be. Encourage allies to buy defense items, purchase more vision, push to win and much more.
Like social and tactical pings, quick messages will restrict the amount of phrases that can be sent within a certain interval of time. As an extra ping-SPAM deterrent, time-sensitive communications like ‘GLHF!’ and ‘GG!’ can only be used during the opening or closing moments of each match.
We’ve all been in there: You — very politely of course — want to tell your captain to first-buy an Atlas Pauldron to deal with the enemy Krul … but you can’t. Or, perhaps you’re desperate for your teammate to grab a Crucible to block those Phinn Forced Accords. Maybe you’re just worried that the carry and the jungler are both building crystal and will be too easy to counterbuild. Whatever the scenario, the new item recommendation option will allow you to suggest any item to a specific ally at anytime during a match.
ABILITIES COOLDOWN TIMER
You can now easily communicate ability cooldown times with the tap of an icon. You know what this means, right? You’re one step closer to coordinating those crazy wombo combos you’ve always dreamed of. It means that when you’re not ready for a teamfight because your ult’s on cooldown, you can let your team know!
All these comms additions are a direct response input from the Vainglory Community. We know that you were struggling to convey certain thoughts, and we hope these changes address those woes.
QUESTS TRIUMPHANT RETURN
That didn’t take long. We maaay have made a mistake by removing the top and bottom quest slots, and you all were quick to express your disappointment. The good news? They’re back. Our commitment is that we will always pay attention to the voices in the player community, and when we need to course-correct, we will. We may have made a bad call, but we’ll always make it right.
SUMMER SEASON BEGINS
COLLECT YOUR SEASON-ENDING PAYOUT
Congratulations on battling your way through Vainglory’s Spring season! Open the app to collect your payout and seasonal Ranked trophy now! Then use your season-ending payout toward a hero you’ve been eyeballing or a brand new talent coin to spice up your BRAWL experience.
GET BETTER PAYOUTS NEXT SEASON
How did you fare last season? Did you cash in on the enticing 750 glory bonus awarded for joining a guild for the first time? Were you active enough to ensure you and your guildmates walked away with a big season-ending payout? Remember, these are totally free ways to earn some extra glory while making new friends and securing more reliable allies for Ranked play. If you missed out, make sure to check out the guild tab in the app to find a group of like-minded players for summer season!
WHAT’S A SOFT VISUAL SKILL TIER RESET?
When you open the app for the first time during Summer season, you’ll notice that your visual skill tier has dropped by approximately one tier. Smaller reductions and in some cases increases apply to players whose skill tiers have decayed. This will give you room to climb in Summer season, and give you a chance to hopefully reach your highest tier ever.
Your highest skill tier achieved during each season will still be immortalized in your trophy cabinet.
Ranked will now also have a “decay floor” for players who take a break from the Halcyon Fold, meaning you won’t decay indefinitely. This should ensure that their sabbaticals don’t interfere with how they’re matched with other players upon return.
HOW MATCHMAKING IS CHANGING IN 2.6 & BEYOND
In the the coming months, we’re making some of the biggest changes to matchmaking ever. Our commitment is to make Ranked play the fairest, most rewarding competitive experience possible. Here’s what’s in store:
- We are testing out our biggest change ever to our matchmaking algorithm starting in Update 2.6. We will observe the results and tune throughout the rest of the year.
- Anticipate fairer matches and shorter matchmaking times.
- Soon, we’ll reintroduce the “one tier” rule where players may only party queue with friends one tier above or below them in rank.
Matchmaking is very much a living and breathing entity that’s continuously adapting to your needs. We’re already testing more changes for beyond 2.6. Expect frequent tuning over the coming updates. We take the Ranked experience very seriously and are committed to “buttery smoothness” throughout. Collectively, all these changes should reduce perceived instances of mismatched games while maintaining the sense of progression and achievement that each new Vainglory season offers. We look forward to your feedback.
The amount of damage and health that the Middle Sentry had made it far too difficult to contest it as an objective. —Zekent
- Middle Sentry has been slightly weakened
- Blitz now displays individual score contribution instead of KDA
HERO BALANCE CHANGES
Baron was hitting a bit too hard so we gave him a smaller rocket launcher. —Zekent
- Basic attack weapon damage down from 130% to 125%
NOTE: Baron’s balance changes, which were scheduled to go live in Update 2.6, have yet to be implemented. We’re exploring options for a quick fix.
While a particularly effective ability, the long cooldown gave Flicker’s opponents too long a reprieve from his aggression —Zekent
- Cooldown down from 120-105-90 to 105-90-75 seconds
Grumpjaw isn’t THAT hungry. A few snacks here and there are enough. —Zekent
- Cooldown up from 60-50-40 to 70-60-50 seconds
The rate at which this perk fell off made it a bit too difficult to take down Grumpjaw even while he wasn’t gaining stacks from basic attacks.
- Delay for stack loss down from 1.0 to 0.7 seconds
Allowing a bit better energy management for Kestrel. As long as she stays in the fight, she should have a much easier time using her abilities. —Zekent
- Duration up from 4 to 6 seconds
A bug fixed on this ability in 2.5 had a much larger impact on Kestrel’s power than intended. We’re giving back some of the fluidity in her play style with this change. —Zekent
- Reload time down from 3.3 to 2.7
Some more early-game strength should help with Krul’s jungle clear and effectiveness in early skirmishes. —Zekent
- Base weapon damage up from 69-139 to 77-147
FROM HELL’S HEART
This change gives Krul a few more opportunities to go for early ganks against his opponents along with a small reduction in cooldown come late game. —Zekent
- Cooldown down from 80-65-50 to 65-55-45 seconds
The sheer amount of crowd control that Lance was able to dish out could be overwhelming to enemies caught by any of his abilities. —Zekent
- Cooldown up from 9-8-7-6-5 to 9.0-8.5-8.0-7.5-7.0 seconds
Granting a bit more damage to the empowered basic attack after using this ability which should help Lance be a bit more of a damage threat on the battlefield. —Zekent
- Damage up from 80-140-200 to 125-200-275
- No longer loses a basic attack target chosen during the roll
MALICE & VERDICT
This change should help Samuel stay out in the battlefield longer as long as he doesn’t burn his energy away with too many casts of Drifting Dark. —Zekent
- Energy cost down from 50-60-70-80-90 to 50-55-60-65-70
Bringing Vox’s attack speed in line with most other heroes. —Zekent
- Base attack speed down from 100-151% to 100-135%
ITEM BALANCE CHANGES
The sheer amount of attack speed granted by this item made it much less a situational buy, but instead the most powerful option in most cases. —Zekent
- Attack speed down from 35% to 30%
Update 2.5 marked a major milestone for Vainglory: The arrival of talents, collectable hero upgrades that make short BRAWL game modes such as Blitz and Battle Royale even more mayhem-filled and fun. For the Talents Team, the work has just begun, with tweaks being made to reflect your feedback. See the first batch of changes below:
TALENTS INFO IN HERO SELECT
See which talents you have available for each hero, as well as the level and rarity of those talents!
TALENTS GAMEPLAY CHANGES
We’re addressing a few of the more egregious talents to bring them more in line with each other and will continue to closely monitor them closely.
- Base health ratio up from 10% to 15%
- Base cooldown modifier down from 70% to 60%
- Attack speed per stack down from 30% to 25%
- Base bonus weapon power down from 6% to 5%
- Base cooldown modifier down from 150% to 125%
BAD BAD MOJO
- Base cooldown modifier down from 80% to 70%
- Base damage modifier down from 110% to 75%
- Base passive attack speed down from 20% to 15%
- Base barrier modifier down from 130% to 110%
- Base damage modifier up from 45% to 65%
- Knockback duration up from 0.25 to 0.3 seconds
- Knockback height up from 1.7 to 2.2 meters
- Base impact damage modifier up from 70% to 85%
- Base supernova damage modifier up from 80% to 90%
- Base movement speed up from 1.2 to 1.8
- Base damage modifier down from 80% to 75%
- Base cooldown modifier up from 90% to 120%
- Base cooldown modifier per level down from 3% to 2%
- Base bleed damage down from 70% to 55%
- Base passive weapon bonus down from 10% to 6%
- Base attack speed bonus down from 20% to 15%
- Base cooldown modifier removed
- Base damage modifier down from 80% to 70%
- Base bonus weapon power down from 20% to 10%
- Base damage modifier up from 70% to 75%
THREE OF A KIND
- Base cooldown modifier down from 90% to 70%
PATH OF THE SEEKER
- Base bonus weapon and crystal power down from 3% to 1%
- Bonus weapon and crystal scaling down from 1% to 0.5%
- Base damage modifier up from 60% to 80%
- New: Kestrel’s Piercing Shot reduces One Shot One Kill’s damage to structures to 20%
- Range up from 7 to 8 meters
- Scaling damage modifier down from 3% to 1%
- Base cooldown modifier down from 150% to 125%
- Base Impale damage up from 70% to 75%
- Base Combat Roll cooldown reduction up from 5% to 10%
- Base damage modifier up from 50% to 60%
- Base fortified health modifier up from 60% to 70%
- Base cooldown modifier down from 100% to 75%
- Knockback distance up from 2.3 to 3.7 meters
- Knockback height up from 0.5 to 2.2 meters
- Base fortified health modifier down from 130% to 110%
- Scaling fortified health modifier down from 5% to 4%
- Base damage modifier up from 30% to 50%
- Damage modifier scaling down from 7.5% to 5%
- Base Spitfire damage modifier down from 60% to 45%
- Base bonus crystal power down from 10% to 5%
- Base damage modifier up from 60% to 70%
- Base damage modifier down from 110% to 60%
- Base damage modifier down from 60% to 50%
- Barrier refresh timer up from 2 to 3.5 seconds
BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed a bug on Skaarf’s Flaming Sludge talent where the slow modifier was instead replacing the slow amount
- Death timer has been moved to the bottom of the screen so that it no longer overlaps announcements
- Tapping another ability while one ability’s targeting ring is up will immediately bring up its targeting ring
- Recalling heroes now have an effect playing around their portrait on the mini-map
Hotfixed a bug that caused Serpent Mask and Eve of Harvest to cancel when the bearer died; fixed a bug where the client wouldn’t show that Serpent Mask and Eve of Harvest were active. Since the hotfix was server-side, it would visually appear to cancel on the client (i.e. missing buff icon).