Interested in joining the Vainglory alpha on Mac? Congrats! You’re almost there.
Getting the Alpha to work on Mac can be a bit tricky, so here’s a step-by-step guide to make the process as buttery smooth as possible:
(Looking for a guide to running Vainglory on Windows? Click HERE!)
STEP ONE – DOWNLOAD THE .ZIP FILE
Download the .zip HERE.
STEP TWO – CLICK ON your ZIP TO EXPAND IT
Click on the zip you just downloaded to expand it. Note: You can also find this zip by opening your browser’s recent downloads. After expanded, you’ll find the client in your download. Upon clicking on it, you may see this message:
Don’t panic! You’re almost done.
STEP THREE – OPEN SYSTEM PREFERENCES AND OPEN SECURITY & PRIVACY
STEP FOUR – ClICK OPEN ANYWAY
STEP FIVE – OPEN THE VAINGLORY ALPHA
- Use the menu option to make Vainglory full screen (not the green button!)
- NOTE: Text input on Mac doesn’t work when in full screen (we’re working on a fix!)
Congrats! you’re in. Here are some useful links
- Trello board of known issues here
- Submit specific feedback & ideas here
- Find a bug? Report that here
- You can join the discussion on Discord here
Download and play early access alpha versions of Vainglory 5V5 here:
Download for macOS
Current version: 87492