Since the Apple keynote, we’ve received a steady stream of inquiries from players anywhere from Portugal to Moscow wondering when they get to play. Thankfully, that day is finally here. On behalf of the entire Super Evil team, let me say, “Welcome to Vainglory!” We can’t wait for you to jump into the Halcyon Fold and tell us what you think of the game and its heroes. And when you’re ready for detailed hero guides and other supplemental resources, they’re below.
Our existing players are used to these Update Notes as being the place to discover the new features, heroes and balance changes we’ve implemented. But this update and the next won’t be typical; they’re dedicated to opening up Vainglory to the rest of the world. Rest assured, more features and heroes are on the way, and I think you’ll be pretty excited about the stuff the team is cooking up.
Once you’ve poked around and played a few matches, be sure to drop into the forums with your feedback, suggestions and feature requests. We’re in there reading and interacting with players regularly, and your thoughts help shape our priorities for the work to come.
Lastly, thanks to all our early players from Europe such as HuNT and Elizabeth who have been translating articles and building regional Vainglory communities without any prompting from us. We’re so excited to open the floodgates to all the players in your parts of the world. —PlayoffBeard
Update 1.1.3 opens the European servers and adds additional language support for those regions. We are an American game studio, so if you encounter any laughably bad translations in-game, please let us know so we can fix it!
HOW TO MIGRATE YOUR PROFILE TO A NEW, LOCAL SERVER
Have you been playing early on the Southeast Asia servers? Here’s how to transfer to a local server for the best performance and ping times:
- Send a message from the email address associated with your profile to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- Your existing player name
- The email address associated with your existing Southeast Asia profile.
- Your preferred server (NA or Europe). This is the server your want us to migrate you to.
- We’ll set you up with a profile on the new server from there! (You won’t lose your existing Southeast Asia profile.)
- VaingloryFire hero guides (powered by MOBAFire)
- Community forums (find teammates and share thoughts):
- Official website
- The Academy (Learn how to play and much more.)
READ THIS ‘WELCOME’ MESSAGE IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE
Brazilian Portuguese: http://www.vainglorygame.com/welcome-europe-ptbr