Here’s the lowdown on the latest Vainglory app update. Let us know what you think in the forums!
Games are more fun with friends … especially competitive, team-based ones. Now you can enter the player name of a real-world buddy—or a new Vainglory rival—to send that player a friend request. On the other end, you can accept or deny the request. Once you have players in your Friends List, you can:
- Invite players outside the app to play a match anytime: They’ll receive a notification, which will launch the app when tapped.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of knowing you’re popular.
Stay in Public Match Queue While the App is Closed
Want to browse the Web or other apps while waiting for “6/6”? Now, you can enter the Public Match queue and then leave the app while waiting for your match to start. When six queued players are being arranged for a match, you’ll receive a notification giving you 40 seconds to tap and join. So long as you respond, you’ll be good-to-go. If the time expires, you’ll be dropped from the matching queue and another player will take the remaining spot. (No worries; just join the next Public Match.)
Spiffy New Visuals
We’re continuing to roll out an entirely new, utterly spiffy design for all in-game menus. In this update, there’s a new matching interface and a new character select screen. The latter is still in progress, so expect gorgeous hero splash art to display when you select your hero (coming soon)! And there’s more …
- Improved the shadows for Petal’s delightful pets and the shadows for jungle monsters.
- It’s now more obvious when Petal’s pets are on the “countdown fuse” until exploding, following activation of Spontaneous Combustion.
- The ability descriptions for Petal, Koshka, Ringo, SAW and Adagio should be more clear and helpful. (Let us know if you agree!)
- Koshka got a new attack animation (hooray).
- Happy trees: You’ll find a much wider variety of trees (of various colors) around the game map.
Latest Gameplay & Game Balance Tweaks
- Adagio’s Verse of Judgment now looks different when channeled by the enemy This is to help teams determine—with a quick glance at the rune-marked ring—whether to stick around run for your lives!
- Koshka’s Yummy Catnip Frenzy is less powerful, with more power going to Twirly Death. She can now pre-stack up to 12 catnips.
- SAW’s Suppressing Fire has a boosted the crystal ratio.
- Spawn Platforms will regenerate heroes’ health slower, making platform deaths possible.
- Serpent Mask & Eve Of Harvest are more specialized toward lifesteal and provide less power.
- Crucible no longer has a delay before the team block activates.
- Atlas Pauldron no longer increases move speed.
- Stormguard Banner now deals periodic bonus damage to non-heroes (no longer a % scale) and deals reduced damage to the Kraken.
- Aftershock, Tension Bow & Stormguard Banner now have better-regulated cooldowns. The cooldowns are more accurate (not rounded up to the nearest second) and are visible via a new indicator. Also added a cooldown to Aftershock.
- Fixed a reported issue causing crashes on iPad minis with Retina display. If this still an issue for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will immediately investigate your issue.
- Fixed the re-Ace bug: Resolved a bug where your team can be re-Aced after one hero respawns and is quickly killed again before teammates respawn from a prior ace (not fun). Also removed Aces entirely from 1v1 “Play Now” matches.
- Minor bug fixes and stability enhancements
What should we work on next? Speak up in the forums. We’re listening!