Update 1.11 introduces a new assassin hero, party and friend improvements, three new skins, balance changes, bug fixes and better Android support. Let’s check it out …
BLACKFEATHER BACKGROUND & LORE
Blackfeather is a striking duelist who pierces the hearts of his opponents. When building weapon items, he becomes a powerful assassin. Building crystal and utility items instead unlocks powerful effects for himself and his team. He performs well in the lane where he can focus on accumulating gold early in the match.
Want to know more about Blackfeather? Read his interconnected lore with travel companion and fellow kidnapper, Phinn.
BLACKFEATHER EARLY-ACCESS PERIOD
Blackfeather will be unlockable with ICE only for the first 7 days. Afterward, you will be able to unlock Blackfeather with ICE or Glory.
HEARTTHROB (HEROIC PERK)
Blackfeather’s attacks and abilities apply Heartthrob stacks to enemies. This stacks twice on minions and monsters and up to five times on heroes and objectives. Any time stacks are added or refreshed, Blackfeather also deals bonus crystal damage for each stack of Heartthrob already on the target.
Instead of energy, Blackfeather uses Focus for his abilities. Focus is capped at 100 and naturally regenerates 7.5 per second. Blackfeather also recovers an additional 10 focus for each basic attack he lands.
Blackfeather lunges to his target and basic attacks. For the next 4 seconds, the target leaves behind a rose trail that grants Blackfeather and his allies move speed when moving through it. When this ability is used against a target with full Heartthrob stacks (shown as broken hearts), it will execute the target for bonus true damage based on the target’s missing health (capped against non-heroes).
Overdrive: The rose trail also makes Blackfeather and allies unslowable. Additionally, the cooldown for Feint of Heart is reset if the target is killed within 0.5 seconds.
Blackfeather pierces all enemies in a line, damaging them and applying a decaying slow for 1 second. The duration of this slow is increased by 0.3 seconds for each stack of Heartthrob on the target. If this hits at least one enemy hero, Blackfeather also gains a barrier that scales with a percentage of his bonus health and recovers focus. The amount of focus recovered is further increased with a percentage of his max energy and a percentage of his energy recharge.
Overdrive: On Point gains increased range.
Blackfeather cuts through his opponents, basic attacking all enemies along his path. During the dash, Blackfeather is immune to negative effects and takes greatly reduced damage. This ability has 2 charges.
NEW FRIEND FEATURES & MORE
Fury wanted to play with his friend, MrBurnz. Fury went online, but saw that MrBurnz was in a game. “In a game” was just too vague for Fury to know if he should wait for MrBurnz or play a game on his own.
Have you ever been Fury? On your Friends list, you’ll now be able to see how long each friend has been in their match (plus some more cool details), so you can decide if you want to wait for them, play with another group or YOLOqueue.
If you decide it’s worth hanging out for a few minutes, you can send that friend a “Play Next?” request, giving them a simple “YES/NO” notification in-game that will inform you if they have room in their party, time for another game, etc. That way, it’ll always be worth the wait because you’ll know for sure if your friend will be free to play.
This notification will never interrupt your play; it will simply display as a number in a new button in the lower-right of the screen.
‘PLAY NEXT?’ FEATURE – STEP BY STEP
A LITTLE FRIENDLY COMPETITION
Thanks to your awesome feedback, we included a way for guilds to see where they stand in comparison to other guilds. Now, in your guild’s Rewards tab, you’ll be able to see the guilds closest to you in level on the rewards ladder.
To improve the spectator performance, players watching games will now see key Tier 3 item purchases for either team. Having these visual pop-ups will make it easier to see noticeable game-changing items. This includes critical items including infusions. Keep an eye open in spectator mode for these visual notifications.
CLOUD RAIDER VOX TIER II
Vox ranks up to captain with Tier II of the Cloud Raider Vox skin.
SAWBORG TIER III
In update 1.11, Tier III SAWborg goes after the robots that have been hunting him! Read the end of his lore … or is it the beginning?
DEATH METAL KRUL TIER III
This is why you play Krul every game. The Pinnacle of Rock and undead warrior, Death Metal Krul’s final skin is the embodiment of zombie power.
- Base weapon power changed from 63-128 to 72-112.
“Our first goal is to make Forward Barrage actually useful to weapon Skye. Without any special basic-attack steroids, we are making Forward Barrage absolutely beastly when combined with critical-strike items. We’re also shifting crystal Skye’s power curve, distinct from Weapon Skye. CP Skye is now very focused on the Target Lock bonus, with lower power in early game but quadratic scaling as you pile on the crystal power in late game (because the damage is boosted by both the crystal ratio, then amplified by a factor that itself, has another crystal ratio).” —SurpriseBirthday
- Fixed a bug where shots did not reach the stated range of 10 meters.
- Can now crit weapon damage with 50-50-50-50-70% bonus crit damage.
- Damage amplification vs. locked target changed from 25% flat to 10% +18%CP.
- Deals 70% damage to objectives
This change lowers the total damage of Suri Strike if you hit all four missiles but increases the damage if you only hit one of them. More importantly, we are reducing Skye’s level two power spike when she first gains the ability to Barrage twice in a row. This was especially powerful in the jungle where there are no minions to hide behind and heroes have yet to acquire the counterplay options to deal with such brute power. —SurpriseBirthday
- The first missile that hits a target deals full damage, while subsequent missiles deal 20% damage.
- Damage changed from 160-260-360-460-620 + 240%CP (total) to 90-150-210-270-330 + 150%CP (each)
- Forward Barrage cooldown reset down from 100% to 40-55-70-85-100%.
- Fixed a bug where Target Lock was lost when the target left vision.
“This ability was meant to set up kills, not do the killing itself. With CP, this ability single-handedly exploded entire teams and easily rolled over objectives. The intended playstyle is for Forward Barrage to deal most of the damage, with Suri Strike designed to reposition Skye, and Death from Above to influence the position of enemies. In exchange for damage, we’re giving this ability a forgiving cooldown, and — with a Clockwork — potential for multiple uses in the same team fight.” —SurpriseBirthday
- Cooldown down from 70-50-30 to 30-24-18.
- Damage down from 275-350-425 + 170% CP to 250-300-350 + 50% CP.
- Damage to objective lowered to 70%.
“We’re happy with her increased presence in the Halcyon Fold, but there is more polish to be done! First, we’re moving her back to blue energy. This allows Petal to benefit for the usual range of regeneration mechanics. We’re also tweaking her power from various angles, but don’t take that the wrong way.” —SurpriseBirthday
- Bonus attack speed from consuming Sunlight up from 10-40% to 20-65%.
- Seed charges are now considered Energy again (benefits from potions, heal camps, Ace buff, etc.).
- Munions will no longer steal non-hero last hits when Petal has an Ironguard Contract.
- Munions are no longer invincible while channeling.
“We’re tightening Rona’s Rage economy, as it is extremely abundant, and plus, she needs to calm down a bit.” —SurpriseBirthday
- Rage decays sooner when out of combat (down from 7 to 5 seconds).
- Foesplitter first activation rage gain down from 5-10-15-20-40 to 5-25.
“Now that we have the turret barrier, we can get rid of this awkward rule on Solar Storm and open up some plays.” —SurpriseBirthday
- Solar Storm does 50% damage to structures (up from 0%).
- Fixed a bug where Koshka’s empowered basic attacks had a longer cooldown than intended.
“Now that roamers have more gold, we’re amping some power & scaling options for roamers who are not Catherine or Ardan.” —SurpriseBirthday
- Quibble Damage up from 205-525 + 150%CP to 230-590 + 200%CP.
- Cooldown down from 75-65-55 to 65-55-45.
ATTACK OF THE PACK
- Fixed a bug where wolves were getting stuck on the spawn platform.
See Phinn quote above.
- Crystal ratio up from 65% to 80%.
- Projectile speed increased
- Projectile speed increased.
- Fixed a bug where Vanguard was interacting incorrectly with Ardan’s Vanguard target.
“This change focuses the benefits on the only person on the team actually earning Ironguard gold. This item now exclusively empowers the roamer with strong objective clear and a tad of hero damage that is never overwhelming, but always noticeable.” — SurpriseBirthday
- Price down by 150 gold.
- New Passive:
- Basic attacks deal 20 additional true damage per second to non-heroes.
- +1 damage for every 25 gold earned from Ironguard.
- 25% of this damage applies toward heroes.
- Damage caps at 150.
“Reflex Block is supposed reward for reacting and predicting incoming disables. Chain-stuns should be weak against Reflex Block because the second and third stun are extremely predictable, yet the first stun prevents you from activating Reflex Block! To prevent the enemy from using Reflex Block, you must now resort to silence.” —SurpriseBirthday
- Can be activated while stunned.
“Boots are always ignored until the final purchase. We are now giving you stronger incentives to upgrade mobility in exchange for less power.” —SurpriseBirthday
- Travel Boots:
- Out-of-combat speed boost delay & ramp up duration down from 5 to 3 seconds.
- Journey Boots:
- Sprint cooldown down from 50 to 30 seconds.
“Aftershock was too bursty at 20% damage but too weak at 15% damage with its current price.” —SurpriseBirthday
- Price down by 200 gold.
- Sell-back value down from 150 to 50 gold.
“As players get better at Vainglory, teams are mastering the art of the turret dive. We’re making this more dangerous to do, but with the right aggro juggling, the best teams can still dive for the kill and escape with their lives … and maybe an Ace buff.” —SurpriseBirthday
- Percentage health damage up from 5% to 7.5%.
- Consecutive shot damage ramp up from 30% to 45%.
“Kraken was unusually squishy against weapon-based abilities such as Thunder Strike. We are normalizing the defensive stats for her.” —SurpriseBirthday
- Kraken is now equally tanky vs weapon and crystal damage.
Adjusted jungle monster individual experience values:
- Double big camp experience down from 25 to 13 each.
- Heal camp experience up from 17 to 29.
- Double big camp deals ~10% more damage.
GOLD & EXPERIENCE
- Gold generation has been increased from 3.5 to 4.0 per second.
- Ironguard Contract gold increased from 60% to 75%.
- Experience granted from lane minions is increased by 20% per ally.
When you are low on energy, your energy bar will flash red. Allies are able to see this as well.
BETTER ANDROID SUPPORT
- Vainglory now supports Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), significantly increasing the number of supported devices.
- Heroes with high attack speed can once again stutter step with maximum efficiency.
- Fortress’ wolves no longer get stuck on the platform.
- Ardan’s Blood for Blood now properly reacts when his ally takes damage.
- Koshka’s empowered attacks are slightly quicker to match her regular attack timing.