The only thing giant sharks are scared of is ‘Summer Party’ SAW! At least, that’s how he tells it in his Alternate Fates story…
CHECK OUT HIS IN-GAME FOOTAGE & 3D MODEL:
HERE’S HOW SAW PARTIES AT THE BEACH:
- Gracie has transformed into a big freakin’ water gun!
- All-new idle animation
- Floaties for maximum safety
- Face-smashing water balloon dominance
- Suppressing “Fire” soaks enemies
- Throws “Mad Cannon” exploding water balloons
- Jumps into a kiddie pool for his recall animation
HOW TO UNLOCK SUMMER PARTY SAW
Unlock this special seasonal skin by collecting 50 cards in the following ways:
- Get cards from the special SAW ICE Box.
- Earn Sunlight from matches to level up. (Some Summer levels will automatically give you a SAW card!)
- Claim Daily Summer Chest rewards, which will sometimes include a Summer SAW card, especially if you’ve leveled up your chest a lot.
- Complete Quests: It’s possible you’ll score a Summer Party card in your quest chest.
- Maybe get really lucky from a Summer SAW card drop post-match.
- Card Parties! Play every weekend all Summer season long to get a max of 2 Summer cards per weekend.Note: Summer Party Krul is still available and will be until the end of the season. Plus, there’s still one more mystery skin to come in Update 1.21! Stay tuned.
‘SUMMER PARTY’ SAW LORE: SHARKS DON’T HAVE BICEPS
I saw the whole thing from shore while I was overhead pressing beach volleyball players. Someone yelled “Shark!” and I snapped to attention. Was a megalodon, sixty footer. Know how you can tell that? You look from the dorsal to the tail. What I didn’t know was, the lifeguards ran. Didn’t even send up a distress signal. So I yelled, “Hold up now!” and everything went real quiet, the people being more scared of me than the shark. All I’m saying is, sharks don’t have biceps.
When that shark came up teeth first for lunch, it looked right at me. Right into my eyes. Had lifeless eyes. Black eyes, like a doll’s eyes, that rolled over white, and then came that high-pitched screaming.
I dropped the ladies and grabbed up Gracie, planted her square on my shoulder and took aim for those dolly eyes. Right at the moment when they rolled over white, I fired right into them, gave that shark some serious irritation. It clamped down on some surfer dude’s board. There was an unnecessary tussle between them while I ran into the surf and slammed water balloons into its fin.
It was dollar taco day. That’s why I remember so well.
To be continued…
CANON SAW LORE:
INTERVIEW WITH EFFECTS ARTIST SMASHLEIGH
“When I was younger, we had a plethora of squirt guns. I grew up in Michigan, and during spring thunderstorms, my mom would give us cups and let us out to fill them up at the roof spouts and splash each other. All the neighborhood kids joined us, and everyone would come to our house to throw water balloons off the second floor. So I really enjoyed the concept of ‘Summer Party’ SAW. I knew that I needed to make the effects equally fun.
“The splash from the suppressing fire was the biggest priority. It needed to be fun for players to fire biggest thing was the suppressing fire. It was difficult because we don’t use refractive particles and a lot of water is refracted material, so we had to create some animated sprites. It was difficult to pin down how the suppressing fire would look; it went through several iterations before we found a look we liked. The water needed to feel heavy, like you’re being hit by something, but also liquid and light. The water balloons were fun; the impacts feel like geysers erupting.” [Smashleigh at this time made bursty-splashy sounds and gestures.]
Check the in-game Market every Friday for a new skin release!