Let’s just jump into this. The current Battle Pass and its structure isn’t living up to your – the players’ – expectations. And honestly, it isn’t what we wanted the Battle Pass to be when we first set out to create it. Phew! Don’t we all feel better now that we said that out loud?
Ultimately, we tried to design a Battle Pass that was an easy decision players could make to add value and meaningful progression to their time playing Vainglory, but due to several factors including:
- 3 months long and tied to seasons
- 100 levels of specific rewards with no clear guidance on how to advance
- Rewards being only relevant to a subset of players
- Confusing Sunlight currency
as well as a large variety of currencies & items in the game that can and needed to be given as rewards, the playerbase understandably never viewed the Battle Pass as the slam-dunk decision we intended it to be. As a result we were left spending an inordinate amount of time and effort designing and maintaining a system that you, the players, simply didn’t engage with or find much value in.
As of Update 4.1, the current Battle Pass and Sunlight systems as we know them will not be renewed for Spring Season.
Moving forward, we’re updating our philosophy for the market. Look forward to seeing the market evolve under these principles:
- Simple – understandable and clear.
- Sleek – reduced visual clutter and nothing feeling out of place.
- Consistent – reliable sales structure and explicit purpose for currencies.
Right now we’re working on a new direction to replace the former Battle Pass progression – stay tuned for more details!