We’re listening! This update is dedicated to changes based on recent player feedback, along with a long-requested feature: assists! We’re increasing rewards for dedicated play so you can earn Glory faster, making turrets scarier, nerfing Joule back down to earth and fixing the majority of the issues that were causing 2v3 matches.
We’d like to acknowledge the following players for their requests and feedback on assists, Joule and other implemented changes: Jayburna, MeisterXtian, RootBeerKing, nanobots, FlyingFox, Silency, ZenithArmageddon, leet, Vulcansaw, C3FFOE, Lexius, Nick, tengyow, LighttoHeaveN, Maveryk, Zyronyl, hux, Ilovesushi, Vonne, Eventide, LawAbidingCactus, TheDragon, MexRage & tgfe32 at VaingloryFire and so many more. —PlayoffBeard
Let’s dig in …
There’s more to battle than just kills.
“Players have been asking for assists since our earliest beta playtests. It’s something we’ve always intended to add, and we’re excited that players can now showcase their contributions even when pulling the strings from the shadows. Assists are essential to reward good teamwork and strengthen players’ interest in heroes not intended to be primary damage-dealers or hypercarries. “ —CaptainNeato
- A bonus gold payout equal to 40% of the kill bounty is shared among allies who contributed damage to the kill.
Glory & Karma Buffs
Vainglory win streaks and game progression now grant bigger Glory rewards.
“Glory is still new, and we’re closely watching how fast players earn it—and ultimately how satisfying it feels to receive your Spoils of War. All the increases in this update are designed to make Glory drops feel like more worthwhile contributions toward players’ unlock goals. We also increased Karma boosts to better compensate players for good behavior. We hope these rewards feel more generous and meaningful moving forward.” —CaptainNeato
- Glory bonuses from Karma increased to 5% – 24% across levels 1 – 20 (up from 1% – 20% across levels 1 – 20).
- Karma bonus now also applies to win-steak rewards.
- ‘First Win of the Day’ Glory bonus increased to 50 (up from 40).
- ‘Fifth Win of the Day’ changed to ‘Third Win of the Day’; its bonus increased to 150 Glory (up from 60).
- ‘Sinister Seven’ Glory bonus increased to 250 (up from 200).
You’re in a safe place.
“In the previous update, we introduced the concept of damaging turrets with abilities. We knew that would result in some turret rebalancing but wanted to see how things played out in the wild first. What we found was turret damage and durability was far too low in the new paradigm, making players feel at risk no matter where they stood in lane. By increasing turrets’ damage output, we return them to a place where they provide clear safe zones for players to run to. Aggressive enemies can still dive, but they can’t hang around without suffering severe consequences.” —CaptainNeato
- Turret armor & shielding start with lower stats and scale up over time from minute 4 to minute 15.
- Turret bonus damage per target’s level increased from 6 to 8.
- Turret slice damage up from 2.5% to 4.5%.
- Turret damage amplification from repeated hits to the same hero increased from 20% per stack to 28% per stack (max 6 stacks).
She gets nerfed back down to Earth.
“While playing Joule has been quite entertaining since her release, she was simply too strong. This was partially due to a bug that allowed Thunder Strike to hit too reliably. The ability was far too powerful for the amount of energy it expended and the ease at which it hit. These changes increase the skill and fun and bring its damage values back in line with the rest of Vainglory’s heroes. Joule’s Heavy Plating can now be countered effectively, and the changes to Big Red Button should deliver a big blast of damage for players who invest in crystal power, as intended.” —CaptainNeato
- Changed from 15% – 33% damage reduction to 20% – 90% bonus armor. (This results in the same effective defense, except now Bonesaw and armor piercing are effective against Joule.)
- Bonus damage % lowered from 15/18/21/24/30% to 10/13/16/19/25%
- Max stacks increased from 5 to 6
- Weapon ratio reduced from 0.50 to 0.33
- Width reduced from 3.0 to 2.0 meters
- No longer stacks when striking turrets
- Bug fix: Thunder Strike’s skillshot is thinner and not guaranteed to hit.
Big Red Button:
- Cooldown increased from 90/85/80 to 120/115/110
- Base damage reduced from 750/1350/1950 to 750/1250/1750
- Crystal ratio increased from 400% to 520%
Now with more feeling.
- Improved the responsiveness of Dead Man’s Rush, allowing Krul to move or attack faster after executing this ability.
Thanks for the bug report, Teoyame!
“We were a little overaggressive when rebalancing SAW earlier this year. We also inadvertently introduced a bug preventing Roadie Run’s move speed from scaling with crystal.” —CaptainNeato
- Roadie Run’s shank range increased from 1.0 to 1.9 (matching the appearance of the knife attack).
- Roadie Run’s shank crystal ratio reduced from 2.8 to 2.4.
- Fixed: Roadie Run move speed was 0.5 slower than intended and was not scaling with crystal properly.
- Clarified in description: Mad Cannon deals 20% missing health damage per shot.
Should result in fewer limb amputations.
“The defender should have an opportunity to escape regardless of how many nearby enemies are wielding Frostburn. It’s not supposed to permaslow.” —CaptainNeato
- Protection window during which you cannot be Frostburned increased from 1.0 second to 1.5s.
It’s in the ability section for a reason.
“Alternating Current was always intended to complement a crystal-heavy build, but it had become a generic staple item. This brings it back in line.” —CaptainNeato
- Base damage reduced to 25 (still deals 75% of crystal power every other hit).
It’s a recipe thing.
- Health regeneration raised from 10 to 12 (to match Stormguard Banner).
- The end-game scoreboard now displays each player’s earned gold. (This is the gold you’ve accumulated minus the automatic gold trickle.)
- Need at least two members in a party to enter the Public Match queue through the Party screen.
- To unlock and retain heroes, you need to sign up and register a player name.
If you’re having a stability or performance issue, email: email@example.com.
- Fixed a bug that could cause matches to kick off as 1v3 or 2v3.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to get stuck in Hero Select with the clock timer expiring.
- Fixed a visual display bug that made your Karma level appear to be capped at lvl 4 (even though it wasn’t).
- Misc. performance improvements and bug fixes.
Join the conversation in the forums and let us know what you think of the update!