LANCE (ROAM / TANK)
With his unique polearm-and-shield combat style, Lance breaks enemy lines and creates opportunities for allies. Lance can build crystal or utility items to excel in his role as a protector, or he can build weapon items to deal more damage during battle.
READ LANCE LORE:
LANCE EARLY-ACCESS PERIOD
Lance will be unlockable with ICE only for the first 7 days. Afterward, you will be able to unlock Lance with ICE or Glory.
PARTISAN’S TECHNIQUE (Heroic Perk)
Lance’s basic attacks damage every target along their path. However, his attacks are slow to land and attack speed is less effective on him. Instead of energy, Lance uses stamina to activate his abilities. Purchasing items with energy and energy regeneration increases his stamina and stamina regeneration.
Lance strikes through his opponents, dealing weapon damage and rooting them in place. If this attack hits at least one enemy, Lance will immediately recover from the ability. Overdrive: If this hits an enemy, it also resets the cooldown of Combat Roll.
GYTHIAN WALL (B)
Passive: Lance strafes around the enemy he has most recently attacked. While strafing, he reduces damage from the target’s direction by up to 50%.
Active: Lance sweeps opponents away with his polearm, dealing weapon damage and also stunning them if they collide with a wall or structure. Afterward, he holds his shield steadfast, greatly reducing incoming damage from the target direction by up to 90%. Overdrive: While active, Lance ignores all debuffs (from any direction).
COMBAT ROLL (C)
Lance rolls in the target direction. His next basic attack within 2 seconds will strike quickly, dealing bonus crystal damage.
NEW FEATURES: QUEST & CHESTS
QUESTS & REWARDS
We wanted a fun and engaging way for players to earn bonus loot while introducing different aspects of the game to new players. —Punchpop
Quests are new challenges awaiting you at all times in Vainglory. They range from proving your strength in-game to learning new things out of it. Whether it’s securing 75 kills from matches or winning a Battle Royale, there’s always more to achieve … and more rewards to earn. Each day, look forward to new, unique ways to win rewards, and expose hundreds of new quests by completing challenges and claiming prizes.
- Complete quests regularly to unlock rewards.
- Once the quest is completed, tap your quest to claim your prize!
- After you claim your reward, a new quest will appear.
- Check back often to find new quests.
NEW ACCOUNT PROGRESSION & CHESTS
We’ve made account progression more fun and meaningful by expanding it to 30 levels and rewarding players for each level achieved. For a new player just entering Vainglory, they’ll have a new chest to open at every mini-milestone through their Vainglory journey. For longtime players, it’s a whole lot of “level-completed” chests to open, plus 10 new levels to earn even more rewards.
- Receive a chest each time your account goes up a level.
- Veterans can immediately open chests for each level they previously achieved!
- Progress bar in the app home page tracks your account level.
- Level cap increased to 30 with new rewards for leveling up.
FIRST WIN / THIRD WIN / SINISTER SEVEN
While the interface no longer shows First Win of the Day, Third Win of the Day & Sinister Seven, these rewards still exist. We’re just in a transition period with the UI.
- You will still receive daily rewards as expected, even though you can’t find the progress displays in 1.18.
Nothing feels worse than a player abandoning your match. And while we can’t give you that time back, we can protect your skill-tier progress when losing is clearly not your fault.
- If we pair you with someone who abandons the match, that match will not hurt your skill tier.
- If your party was pre-made, AFK Forgiveness will not apply. Talk to your friend or team captain, or don’t invite that person back.
- The person who AFK’d will still lose skill-tier progress (no forgiveness).
- Additional restrictions to prevent abuse apply.
Look for new Account XP boosters in the Vainglory Market to open those account level chests faster!
GRAPHICAL SETTINGS (ANDROID)
- Android players may now choose their graphics quality setting (Auto, High, Medium, Low) from a new drop-down menu.
- Selecting a setting your device can’t handle may impact performance.
Find new skins in the Vainglory Market every Friday.
SUPERSONIC SKYE TIER I
SUPERSONIC SKYE TIER II
STAR QUEEN CELESTE TIER III
DYNASTIES BLACKFEATHER TIER I
SUPERSONIC SKYE TIER III
Expanding on the improvements from the last update, maintain vision now matters for measuring opponents’ minion kill count and overall strength. —SurpriseBirthday
- The Scoreboard will only update enemy minion kills when you have vision of enemy heroes.
BATTLE ROYALE SURRENDER
Have a Battle Royale match that’s getting out of hand? You can now surrender before the match actually ends.
- Teams can now surrender at 8 minutes into the game.
We’re trimming complexity from Vox’s kit, and solidifying his core identity as a bounce-damage mage by reducing the direct damage he deals to his primary target, while making it easier for Vox to apply bounce damage to nearby enemies. This includes a host of quality-of-life improvements that make it easier to trigger Resonance. —Zekent
- Base weapon power up from 34-80 to 72-149
- Attack range up from 4.5 to 5.0
- Basic attacks no longer deal crystal damage to the primary target
- Fixed a bug where Vox was able to use this ability to travel further than intended
- Weapon ratio changed from 35-40-45-50-60% to 50-50-50-50-60%
- Overdriving no longer grants a 20% weapon damage boost for 2 seconds after each dash
- Auto-targeting prefers Vox’s most recently attacked target in the last 3 seconds
- Cooldown down from 12-12-12-12-8 to 10-10-10-10-7
- Energy cost down from 40-50-60-70-80 to 30-35-40-45-50
- Resonance bounce range up from 4.0 to 5.0
- Resonance projectile speed up from 5.0 to 8.0
- Resonance bounce damage changed from from 34-68 + 35% CR to 25 + 80% CR (half to minions)
- Pulse no longer amplifies Resonance damage by 75-85-95-105-125%, instead it adds 25-50-75-100-150 damage
- Resonance spreads to other targets hit by Resonance
- Reflex Block no longer prevents Resonance from bouncing out
WAIT FOR IT…
Cooldown down from 90-65-40 to 70-55-40
SAW’s stacks will now gradually fall off, rather than all at once. His Suppressing Fire now doesn’t lock him in place for as long. —Zekent
- Stacks now begin falling off after 3.5 seconds instead of 5
- After stacks begin to fall off, SAW loses 1 stack every 0.2 seconds he doesn’t attack
- Missing Health damage changed from 20-22.5-25-27.5-45% to 20-25-30-35-45%
- Energy cost down from 65-65-65-65-80 to 65-65-65-65-65
- Channel duration down from 2.5 to 2 seconds, applies damage over 6 ticks instead of 5
- Total damage down from 250-370-490-610-1030 to 240-360-480-600-960
- Slow duration changed from 1.25-1.60-1.95-2.30-2.65 seconds to 2-2-2-2-2.5 seconds
- Energy cost down from 40-50-60-70-100 to 40-50-60-70-80
- Fixed a bug where SAW would globally reveal himself upon casting this ability.
We made Alpha more durable early and helped Crystal Alpha pack a larger punch when she decides to go all-in. —Zekent
- Base attack speed up from 100-113% to 100-122%
- Reboot health up from 200-1750 to 325-1800
- Fixed a bug where this ability would hit people behind her
- Cooldown improved at early ranks from 6.5-6.0-5.5-5.0-4.0 seconds to 6.0-5.5-5.0-4.5-4.0
- Cooldown reduction per basic attack up from 1 second to 1-1-1-1-1.2 seconds
- Crystal ratio up from 200% to 250%
Glaive was a mean combination of high base damage and high base health, so we’re addressing his longevity in fights as well as requiring him to build more offensively. —Zekent
Glaive was able to dash around a bit too freely—especially with the lowered cooldown from previous updates. He will now need to be a bit more wary of his energy bar if he wants the same mobility. —Zekent
- Energy cost changed from 120 to 110-120-130-140-150
- Damage changed from 80-160-240-320-400 + 100% CR to 100-150-200-250-300 + 130% CR
- Base damage down from 150-225-300 to 100-200-300
- Damage per stack up from 8-14-20 to 10-15-20
- No longer gets full stacks upon death, but keeps existing stacks upon death
We are further pushing Adagio’s strength into combining his skills together for maximum effect. —Zekent
GIFT OF FIRE
- Fixed bug where reapplying Gift of Fire before the previous heal-over-time had timed out did not trigger the initial heal
AGENT OF WRATH
We adjusted numbers so Adagio will still be able to get the same amount of damage, but will have to be a bit more skillful to achieve it. —Zekent
- Base damage crystal ratio down from 50% to 40%
- Damage to targets on Arcane Fire crystal ratio up from 35% to 45%
Our favorite berserker is now more furious than ever! Don’t hesitate to leap Into the Fray. —Zekent
- Bloodrage gained per basic attack up from 6 to 8
INTO THE FRAY
- Cooldown down from 22-20-18-16-14 to 16-15-14-13-11
- Fortified Health generated per hero hit up from 30-35-40-45-50 to 30-40-50-60-80
- Fortified Health generated up from 35-50-65 to 40-60-80
Maxing Solar Storm first is already incentivized with more trailing stars, so the cooldown doesn’t need drastic scaling. —Zekent
- Cooldown down from 100-85-70 to 70-65-60
TRUTH OF THE TOOTH
I don’t think turrets are very tasty… but Fortress has a tough jaw. —Zekent
- Can now target structures
- Fixed a bug where this ability would lock Fortress’ basic attack for longer than intended
LAW OF THE CLAW
Removing some of the invisible damage for clarity. —Zekent
- Bleed damage per second down from 25 + 15% CP to 10 + 15% CP
- Base damage changed from 90-140-190-240-340 to 100-150-200-250-300
Addressing Joule’s feast or famine playstyle, her Heavy Plating is being adjusted to keep her more durable against all sources of damage in the early levels. —Zekent
- Base armor/shield up from 0-55 to 20-60
- Bonus armor/shield down from 55-150 to 40-150
Long range snipes to secure Kraken and Miners are always awesome! —Everyone, ever
ONE SHOT ONE KILL
- Deals full damage to Jungle bosses
We are smoothing damage across each of his bounces, and slightly improving his healing. —Zekent
A slight nudge to his early game power, so stock up on Halcyon Potions. —Zekent
- Bonus healing increased from 10-30% to 15-30%
THREE RING CIRCUS
- Base damage on all three hits up from 5-15-25-35-45 to 10-20-30-40-50
Moving some of the power from the ‘additional damage per bounce’ into the crystal ratio of each hit. Crystal Ozo should pack a bit more punch on each of his hits instead of just dealing a lot to his final target. —Zekent
- Bounce Damage Crystal Ratio up from 50% to 70%
- Final Damage Crystal Ratio up from 50% to 70%
- Additional Damage Per Bounce changed from 10-20-30-40-50 + 50% CR to 20-40-60-80-100 + 35% CR
Blackfeather was able to apply his Heartthrob stacks too easily. We addressed some of that power in addition to making him a bit more reliant on his abilities. —Zekent
- Base attack speed down from 100-136% to 100-111%
FEINT OF HEART
- Fixed a bug where this ability would occasionally carry him behind his target
Skaarf was benefitting from too much ‘invisible’ damage coming from Fan the Flames. We’re lowering the power here for builds not focused on attack speed. However, we are opening an alternative attack speed build route to deal massive percentage health damage to high-health targets. —Zekent
FAN THE FLAMES
- 1% crystal ratio removed
- Burn duration is always 2 seconds (down from 3.5s initially, 2.0s on refresh)
- Damage per stack up from 1.5% to 2%
- Max Stack down from 4 to 2, but leveling Goop increases max stack by 1-2-3-4-7
- Critical strikes add 2 stacks to burning targets
- Damage to minions changed from 75-115-155-195-275 + 50% CR to 75-120-165-210-300 + 35% CR
- Each point in Goop increases the Fan the Flames stack maximum by 1-2-3-4-7
- Heroes may now only have one Infusion active at a time
- Scout Traps have a new visual effect while arming
- Fixed a bug in the tutorial where a menu element was displaying incorrectly on iPad 3
- Fixed multiple crashes happening on Android devices
- Vox’s Sonic Zoom no longer travels further than intended
- SAW now longer reveals himself while casting Suppressing Fire
- Alpha no longer hits targets standing behind her with Prime Directive
- Adagio’s Gift of Fire now heals an ally properly even when the last heal has not finished
- Fortress’ basic attack no longer locked for longer than intended after using Truth of the Tooth
- Blackfeather no longer unintentionally travels behind his target with Feint of Heart
- Certain dashes would fail to cross walls but would still deal damage (now always crosses the wall to deals damage).
Start taking on quests for more rewards now, and check out new tank hero Lance for an entirely different roaming playstyle!