The World Championship caps off the Vainglory esports year. The event will be held in Hollywood, California, where one team will be able to claim to be the first ever Vainglory World Champion! The twelve teams from around the world will battle during the three-day event in traditional Vainglory style. Check below for all the scheduling details.
WHEN & WHERE TO WATCH
We’re hosting the live Championship at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood! Tickets are on sale at Eventbrite. Purchase your tickets now and we’ll see you there!
TCL Chinese Theatre
6925 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90028
All ages are welcome to attend, kids under 10 attend free, and paid parking is available in multiple places near the venue.
Can’t make it in person? All matches will be broadcast live on twitch.tv/vainglory.
- Day 1 is the group stage, with four separate groups of three teams battling it out. The first- and second-seeded teams of each group will advance to Day 2.
- Day 2 is Elimination Day, comprised of an eight-team single-elimination bracket. By the end of Day 2, only four teams will remain.
- Day 3 is “win-or-go-home,” featuring the Semifinals and Grand Finals.Note: All match times marked with an * are played on an alternative livestream.
DAY 1: Friday, December 2 starts at 11AM PST:
|11:00AM||C||INFAMOUS vs SNOW|
|12:00PM||D||Velocity vs Hunters|
|12:30PM*||C||Match 1 Winner vs GankStars Sirius|
|1:30PM||B||Team SoloMid vs Hack|
|1:30PM*||D||Match 2 Winner vs RED Canids|
|2:30PM||A||Team Secret vs Phoenix Armada|
|3:00PM*||B||Match 4 Winner vs GankStars Cerberus|
|4:00PM*||A||Match 6 Winner vs ViVianne|
|4:00PM||C||Match 1 Loser vs GankStars Sirius|
|5:00PM||D||Match 2 Loser vs RED Canids|
|6:30PM||B||Match 4 Loser vs GankStars Cerberus|
|7:30PM||A||Match 6 Loser vs ViVianne|
|9:00PM||N/A||Tiebreakers as needed|
DAY 2: Saturday, December 3 starts at 12PM PST:
- Tiebreaker as needed
- Quarterfinal 1: first seed of group A vs. second seed of group D
- Quarterfinal 2: first seed of group C vs. second seed of group B
- Quarterfinal 3: first seed of group B vs. second seed of group C
- Quarterfinal 4: first seed of group D vs. second seed of group A
DAY 3: Sunday, December 4 starts at 12PM PST:
- Semifinal 1 Winners of Quarterfinal 1 vs. Quarterfinal 2 (Best of 5)
- Semifinal 2 Winners of Quarterfinal 3 vs. Quarterfinal 4 (Best of 5)
- Third Place Match (Best of 1)
- Finals (Best of 7)
About the 2016 World Championship
For the first time ever, Vainglory will crown an official world champion. From Dec. 2-4, the world’s 12 best teams will compete for the highest honor in Vainglory esports at the landmark TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, Calif. This inaugural annual event will serve as the culmination of the competitive year in Vainglory, with champions representing every Vainglory server region gathering from all around the globe. This new tournament will be run by Twitch and Super Evil Megacorp. Never before has so much talent been in one place, and we’ll finally definitively determine the single best team on Earth.